To become truly the Wiltshire Rural Music School we are developing a network of Ambassadors to promote and support music making across the county, particularly in the villages, from Malmesbury to Salisbury.
We see this role involving:
• Raising awareness of the WRMS
• Bringing your knowledge of local community organisations
• Connecting musicians in your area
• Identifying needs for music where you are
• Assisting in bursary applications
Whether amateur or professional, could you donate some time and expertise to inspire and develop music making in our community?
Here are some examples in which musicians are already helping:
• Accompanying for exams or rehearsals
• Holding fundraising concerts
• Leading a clarinet choir
• Giving expert advice on musical matters
• Supporting community music events by playing
Perhaps you value the importance of music in our communities but want to support in other ways.
Here are some examples in which our members are already helping in this way:
• Promoting our 100 Club
• Stewarding for exams and occasional events
• Standing as a Governing Council member
• Giving hands on practical help eg. Sorting music library and maintaining our equipment
• Maintenance of our Gloucester Road premises
• Offering non-musical professional skills eg. Publicity, law, running meetings, fundraising, IT